We use "Cookies" on Netmums. Use this short guide to help you understand more about Cookies, the ways we use them on Netmums and how you can control their use on your computer.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files, website tags, transparent GIFs and web bugs generated by a website, that can be stored by your browser. These Cookies are sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to any other visited website that recognises that Cookie. Cookies are used to make Netmums and its products work in an efficient way and help us provide more relevant content and advertising.
Some cookies can also be placed on your device by unauthorised third parties in violation of Netmums policy and has no control over these third party cookies.
What navigation data is collected via Cookies?
Cookies can be used to collect any data (in the following “Browsing Data”) on a device at a given moment, even if we do not know directly what device you are using or who you are, and in particular:
- The identification and content of a Cookie file stored on your device by the Aufeminin Group companies, our Sub- Contractors or Partners;
- The IP address of terminal device connected to the Service(s);
- IDFA (ID for Advertising) or IDFV (ID for Vendor) for Apple and AID (Android ID) or GAID (Google Advertising ID) for Androids (mobile advertising logins);
- The date, time and duration the device was logged on to the Service(s).
- Landing page of the device accessing the Service(s).
- The type of operating system used by the device (e.g.: Windows, MacOS, Linux, Unix, BeOS, etc.);
- The type and version of the browser software used by the device (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Chrome, Operator, etc.);
- Possible errors in downloading;
- The navigation software user language used by the device;
- Detail of the viewed contents page name, viewing time etc.
Why are there Cookies in our services?
These Cookies enable us, in particular to:
- Generally to permit you to navigate and view our sites and/or apps, adapt the content or display of our services to your device to improve your navigation, and optimise our sites and/or applications;
- Remember information on a form you have already filled out (e.g. your user account) or concerning products, services or information from our services (e.g. viewed contents, etc.).
- Personalise our contents and advertising to suit your interests;
- Compile statistics and and viewing figures of our websites and/or apps;
- Enable you to share via social networks;
- Optimise diffusion and assess the efficiency of the advertising messages we send you;
- Ensure the security of our services, websites and/or apps by detecting/tracing back any attempt at a malicious act, IT intrusion or violation of the General Conditions of Use (GCU).
- Fulfil our legal obligations, respond to any requests made by third parties authorised by law asking us to supply browsing data and/or personal data about our service users.
How long are the Cookies kept?
The Cookies used by Netmums, the Aufeminin Group and our sub-contractors and Partners, and the browsing data we gather, are preserved for a maximum of thirteen (13) months starting from their storage on your device. After this time, your consent will be required again.
Cookies we use on Netmums
These are the types of Cookies used on Netmums and across its media platforms:
1. Essential or User Session Cookies
Essential Cookies or user session cookies record the information that you filled in on our forms when you enrolled on Netmums or its products. This technologies enable us to recognise you whenever you connect to one of our services and gain access to your single user account, opening your access to our services concerned.
2. Preference Cookies
These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by username and remember your preferences. These Cookies may be used to gather certain information about you, including details of your IP address, location, operating system and browser version.
3. Audience Measurement and Analytical Cookies
Netmums, The Aufeminin Group companies, our sub-contractors and our partners may store audience measuring Cookies on your device, to compile statistics about the number of page views and the use of our Services. Statistics about frequency, display, advertising in our advertising spaces and user interaction with the spaces may be compiled in this way. They are also used for monitoring the invoicing of our Partners.
4. Sharing Cookies via social networks
Social network websites are likely to store cookies on your device, (computer, tablet, smartphone etc.). They enable social network websites to monitor your browsing through Netmums and its products, especially when your social network account is active on your device, (open session) during your navigation.
5. Third party advertising Cookies and Tracking
Website tagging, and similar technologies are liable to be used by Netmums, the Aufeminin Group companies or by our sub-contractors to track the use of our services, especially with the aim of improving your user experience, supplying you with personalised contents according to your interests and understanding whether our users read their email and click on the links inserted into our messages so that we can disseminate relevant contents and offers. Generally, they are liable to be stored by our Partners as a way of gathering certain information, such as your type of browser and the website page that you consulted before reaching our services, with the aim of auditing, research, and declaring information about our services and the advertising viewed on Netmums and its products.
We track site usage through 3rd Party Analytic sites, for example the number of people visiting Netmums and the different sections of Netmums. This data is anonymous and we cannot use this to uniquely identify individuals and their usage of the site.
6. Cookies used for gathering data linked specifically to your mobile device
Depending on having your consent and the setting up of your mobile device, Cookies can be stored on it when you use Netmums and its products in particular through Cookies for gathering data related specifically to your mobile device, (laptop computer, mobile phone, tablet etc.), such as the mobile model you use, the version of your operating system, the connectivity, the name and the version of the app you are using.
Netmums, the Aufeminin Group and its Partners are liable to store these cookies on your device because they are needed for the seamless operation of our services, enabling us to supply you with service and advertising to match the technical characteristics of your device, and to measure the audience of our apps.
To add a Cookie to your system, we need your prior consent. If you continue to browse by a positive action (scrolling, click on a service component (image, link, “search” button)), you accept that we and our Partners place Cookies on your device, for the reasons mentioned above. You can refuse at any time to accept a specific Cookie, or modify your choices, more particularly by changing your browser settings.
Turning off Cookies
You can refuse to accept Cookies on your device. However, bear in mind that refusing Cookies can deprive you of full advantage of the functionalities of our Services. For this reason, we decline any liability concerning the consequences arising from any malfunctioning of our Services if it is impossible for us to record or consult the Cookies needed for the operation of the Services and that you have refused or deleted. There are different ways of deactivating Cookies, in particular:
Netmums Consent Management Platform (CMP).
Netmums has created a Consent Management Platform that allows you to withdraw your consent relating to cookies use for each partner and purpose. Please click the button below to update the settings for your consent.
You can also block Cookies by changing the settings on your browser that allows you to refuse some or all Cookies. Please see the links below.
Please be aware, if you use your browser settings to block all Cookies (including essential Cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site. For more information and to opt out of advertising Cookies you can also visit Your Online Choices http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices .
Cookie settings in Microsoft Internet Explorer
Cookie settings in Google Chrome
Some browsers also have a “Do not Track” option available.
Deactivating sharing Cookies via social networks
To change your settings with respect to sharing Cookies via the social networks, please go to the following addresses:
Deactivating personalisation Cookies
Deactivating audience measurement and statistics Cookies
We use Google Analytics to collect data about website usage. This data does not include personally identifiable information.
Find out more
You can get more information about Cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org.
If you have any queries regarding this policy please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org .